The proportion of small businesses that believe it is now more difficult to finance their operations is 29 percent, according to Företagarnas panel survey.
In October 2011 the figure was 25 percent. At the same time 23 percent believe that the financial opportunities have worsened over the past quarter.
- Small businesses account for the overwhelming majority of new jobs created in Sweden. It is a serious problem that they find it increasingly difficult to finance their operations, says Företagarnas chief economist Lars Jagrén.
Företagarna highlights four inexpensive measures that could contribute to growth and new jobs.
• Remove sick pay liability.
• Reform the law regarding protection of employment so that companies do not hesitate to hire.
• Intensify efforts to remove rules, regulations and controls that affect businesses.
• Open more public markets for private entrepreneurs.
Only Sweden – which has invested strongly in community care – has fewer hospital beds per head, says the study by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development. Read more
FDI Magazine's ranking European Cities and Regions of the Future 2012/13 has been published, where the Stockholm region ranks first (European Overall Winner) in the case of FDI. Read more